This past Monday was Lori and Dr. Kitzmiller’s anniversary, so we decided to treat them to dinner on their special day! The meal was delicious and very easy on my part (thanks to prepackaged salmon and frozen veggies!). I asked Lori to share a couple of her “from scratch” recipes that I will try in the future.
Once assembled, everything cooks in about 20 minutes.
Cedar Plank Salmon
1 package pre-seasoned brown sugar salmon on cedar plank (Kroger has a great one). Follow package instructions to bake (around 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes). You could always do your own salmon with or without a plank.
Brown sugar glaze for drizzling after cooking, just before serving. Combine all:
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
Dijon Roasted Potatoes
- 2/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water or broth
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1-3/4 pound small red potatoes, cut in half
- In a large bowl, stir together mustard, olive oil, water or broth, garlic, herb seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss potatoes in mixture.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray and arrange potatoes evenly.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until tender and browned.