Sometimes you just want to have a burger… but healthier! This salmon patty recipe is easy to mix together, can be pre-made, and is a delicious alternative to the traditional beef burger during the summer– even better wit a lemon-caper yogurt sauce you can see below!
- 1-lb cooked skinless salmon filet or 1-can pink salmon (drained, bones, and skin removed)
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (red or yellow)
- 1/2 cup bread cumbs or saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2-tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3-tbsp light or regular mayonnaise
- 1-tbsp capers (optional)
- panko bread crumbs for additional coating
Let’s Get Cooking!
- Flake the salmon with a fork in a large bowl; add the egg, onion, pepper, bread crumbs, corn, mustard, mayonnaise, and capers.
- Mix gently until combined (add additional bread crumbs if mixture is too wet or mayo if mixture is too dry).
- Form the mixture into 2-1/2 inch diameter balls; roll in the Panko bread crumbs to coat and flatten into patties.
- For best results, refrigerate for 1 hour or more before cooking.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat a couple tablespoons of oil and butter then place the patties.
- Cook until golden brown, about 7 to 8 minutes per side.
The patties are delicious alone or topped with your choice of sauce. We tried the following last night and it was great!
- In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped capers, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt/pepper to taste.