Tooth Implant Dentistry Here in Milford OH
Are you missing some or all of your teeth? Do you find yourself avoiding spending time with anyone except your closest friends and family? Do you have limitations on the foods you can eat? If you are wearing dentures, you may be struggling with some of the issues common to denture wearers, that they don’t fit properly, they slip, they click or they fall out.
There is another solution: implant dentistry.
Before dental implants were developed, dentures were the only alternative if you had a missing tooth or teeth. Dental implants are small titanium rods that are placed in the area of the tooth usually occupied by the root. A tooth implant is anchored to the jawbone and acts as a “new” tooth root for dental crown or permanent dental bridge. In some cases, dental implants can be used to attach dentures–called permanent dentures. At our practice, we work with a periodontist or oral surgeon to place the tooth implant. With our implant dentistry experience and training, we restore that tooth implant near Cincinnati with a beautiful, sturdy dental crown.
Advantages of Implant Dentistry Dental Implants
- Dental implants–because they replace the tooth root–fill out your face naturally and you won’t have that sunken in, haggard look.
- A tooth implant combined with a dental crown looks just like a natural tooth.
- Implant dentistry treatments dental implants function just like natural teeth. There are not food restrictions or concerns about what is forbidden to eat because your dentures might slip.
- A tooth implant can be used for a single missing tooth.
- Dental implants can be used to secure a dental bridge or for dentures if you have more than one missing tooth.
- Dental implants are sturdy and durable and you will most likely have them for the rest of your life.
- A tooth implant requires no special care. Just brush and floss as usual and see your dentist regularly.
For more information about implant dentistry for Cincinnati and Loveland, OH, or to schedule an appointment, call implant dentist Dr. Kitzmiller and get a perfect smile today at his practice in Milford, OH!