Sleep Apnea Assessment At Home In Milford OH
If you think you or someone you know may suffer from sleep apnea near Loveland OH, answer the following four screening questions and take the Epworth Sleepiness scale Test. If you answer yes to 2 or more of these screening questions and score a 10 or greater on the Epworth sleepiness scale, please call our office and talk to a member of our Dental Sleep Medicine Team regarding your score and a plan for your proper diagnosis and treatment options.
- Do you snore on most nights?
- Has anyone reported that you stop breathing or gasp in your sleep?
- Is your neck size large (men 17 inches/women 16 inches or greater)
- Have you had, or are you currently being treated for high blood pressure?
The Epworth Sleepiness Scale
How likely are you to doze off or fall asleep in the following situations? Rate on a scale of 0 being no chance of dozing, and 3 being a high chance of dozing, then add up your total.
- Sitting and reading
- Watching TV
- Sitting inactive in a public place (e.g. a theater or a meeting)
- As a passenger in a car for an hour without a break
- Lying down to rest in the afternoon when circumstances permit
- Sitting and talking to someone
- Sitting quietly after a lunch without alcohol
- In a car while stopped for a few minutes in traffic
Call Dr. Kitzmiller today to discuss the epworth sleepiness scale or your symptoms and the steps involved in the accurate identification, diagnosis, and treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea near Cincinnati & Milford OH. Our Milford dental office services the Milford/Loveland and Greater Cincinnati area with personalized care for healthy living and great oral health.
Learn More About Sleep Apnea
Sleep Apnea and Snoring
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep Apnea Treatment
CPAP and Oral Appliances for Sleep Apnea
Sleep Apnea Online Resources
Sleep Apnea Testimonials