Lori, our sleep treatment coordinator, recently went on a weekend trip with a good friend to Ft. Lauderdale, FL… and raved to all of us about a light, extremely flavorful blackened fish and Greek Salad she had on the beach! We all wondered, what DOESN’T taste amazing about sitting oceanside with your toes in the sand eating a delectable meal?! We recreated this recipe last night, and WOW! Easy, flavorful, and can be modified to your own personal taste!
See, you don’t have to travel all the way to Ft. Lauderdale just for a great meal! Read the recipe below to see how you can bring the beach to your own kitchen!
Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
- 4 mild, white fish filets (we like Tilapia and Swai)
Blackened Seasoning to taste
– 3 TB smoked Paprika
– 1 TB onion powder
– 1 tsp each: salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, cumin
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Romaine Lettuce
- Diced Tomato
- Sliced Cucumber
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- Mild Banana Peppers
- Kalamata Olives
- Greek Salad Dressing or dressing of choice
Let’s Make Dinner!
- Season fish with Blackened Seasoning (1 tsp per side; bake in 350 degree oven for 20-22 minutes, or until flaky)
- Meanwhile, make salad by layering lettuce and your favorite Greek Salad toppings.
- Dress salad simply with a homemade olive oil/vinegar dressing or a store-bought Greek Dressing (Kraft has a tasty one!).
- Serve salad topped with fish. Enjoy!