Last weekend we had friends out to the lake for an end of summer get together. I wanted an easy to prepare, delicious, summer-friendly lunch item, so we decided to make Southwest Chicken Wraps from various leftover ingredients. This Southwest Chicken salad was as delicious inside of a flour tortilla as it was mounded on a simple bed of romaine lettuce! Fresh fruit on the side made for a light, refreshing meal. The ingredients are listed with variable measurements…. feel free to add as little or as much of each ingredient to match your family’s taste.
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Flour tortillas
- Ranch dressing
- Chipotle marinade (optional… we like Lowry’s.. just enough to add whatever level of heat you like)
Let’s Get Cooking
- Mix together meat, beans, corn, onion, cheese, cilantro, and pepper.
- Toss with ranch or ranch/Lowry’s marinade mix.
- Serve either over a bed of mixed greens or in a wrap (shredded lettuce is delicious in here too).