Who doesn’t love an easy weeknight pasta dish? How about a flavorful dish that is lighter than pasta? Tim and Lori remade a favorite pasta dish with a spaghetti squash alternative. The results….delicious!
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic (it’s ok to use minced garlic in a jar for this recipe!)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can quartered artichoke halves, drained
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in a jar, drained and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
It’s Pasta Night
- Halve the squash lengthwise, scooping out the stringy flesh and seeds; place the flesh side down in a baking dish with a half inch of water; roast at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Saute shrimp, garlic, and mushrooms for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly until cooked.
- Shred squash with a fork so that it resembles spaghetti.
- Toss shredded squash with shrimp mixture, artichoke halves, and sundried tomatoes.
- Toss finished mixture with parmesan and/or feta cheese; salt and pepper to taste (feel free to add cracked red pepper flakes on top for a little spice!).