One pot dinners are perfect for busy weeknights and easy cleanup! And if you make a pot of chili, like our White Bean Chicken Chili, on Sunday, dinner prep is as easy as reheat on the stove and toss a salad! For a hearty, zesty addition to this dinner, make a batch of cornbread Johnnycakes (Jiffy Cornbread mix, made in an 8×8 baking dish with corn, cheese, and jalapenos mixed in!)
- 1 pound skinned boneless chicken, chopped
- 1 TB olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp each dry oregano and cumin
- 14.5 ounce canned chopped tomatoes
- 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 can green chilies, chopped
- 32 ounce cannellini beans, drained
- lime wedges, cilantro, shredded cheddar and sour cream for garnish
Let’s Make Chili!
- Saute chicken in oil in skillet for 4 minutes; remove from pot
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes
- Stir in the oregano through chilies and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes
- Add cooked chicken and beans.
- Adjust chili consistency as desired: for creamier chili, smash half of the beans before adding to the pot; for a thinner consistency, add more chicken broth.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve with a salad and Johnnycakes!